Monday 29 October 2007

The Next Step


All,


Post travelling I always think..mmm..I need more of this. Travelling or even just landing in another country is just brilliant to me.The planning, the excitement. My passport is full of stamps and visas. I love it. They each remind me of a time, place and people.


Whilst I was travelling recently, I remember sitting in one of my many aeroplanes and as I sat there thinking.. I thought God...I have the next X number of years to sit in an office, earn a pittance..oh how dull. There must be more to life than that. I posted recently that after reading Rich Dad's Prophecy . Be it true of not I have only 2 years potential before something 'big' may happen. I think the signs may be screaming at us all. Am I financially ready for it...Not by a long shot! Yet I could easily be.


Fear


Sat here in my office I realise that all my efforts are helping somebody else further their own goals..At least on the surface not my own. I noticed in Japan that many of the people were just working for a company ie somebody else and not themselves...(Salary men) Ouch. This has really begun to play on my mind. I'm slowly finishing my E-Books, yet, again not as fast as I would like...why? I actually think because I have a job. If I didn't have a job and it was really life threatening . I'd be working harder and faster, no? Everything comes down to importance and a mind set. I've just ordered myself a heap of books from Amazon to kick start myself and the proper formation of ME.PLC and build the systems that I know I can and maybe even must.


Some of the lack of 'work' on my goals is fear. What if it all goes wrong...or even what if it all works out? It is a balance sometimes as to what I'm focusing on. What will my friends think? Yet in all fairness, the only person I really have to satisfy is myself. I know if by next trip I'm no further down the line..I'll be cross with myself. Is actually what I'm working on something I really, really want? Maybe there is some apathy. I'm a great talker after all. Not always a great doer.


Insight


I know the following :


I can do it. I need to do it. I must do it.


I'm worth more than the next X number of years sitting in front of a PC at a desk..wishing and hoping. Yes, you get what you focus on...yet sometimes you also have to do as much as you can to help, further, draw your goals towards yourself. Are you doing all that you can, from where you currently sit to achieve your goals?


As far as my career is concerned and there are many other areas where you should have goals :


I want to work (Well, almost)...yet the ultimate goal is be the owner not the worker. So that I don't work, I play..I spend time with my family and friends in all corners of the globe.


Once I have my business set up, the goal is to have it run itself.


I want more travel and if I choose 1st Class and stay in the best hotels. = Web based control or view of work therefore I think.


Earn as much in a month as I currently do in a year. This should be passive income ie I get the money without being tied down to one location. (Question to Accountant - How can I get that as a wage without paying 40% tax or how to get more each month without waiting for a dividend


I've got more studying and revision to do and quickly.


On the bright side


I've found that because you desire or want something. Your mind and you only think of that because you have the potential to achieve that. Therefore all that you want you can achieve if you can think about it.


Happy Travels

A


p.s I really wondered what I was going to write about today and in the future...I just started writing..Does it all make sense, is it coherent...should it actually have been multiple posts (rants) ? Anyhow, thanks for letting me just run with it!!




Technorati :

No comments: