Wednesday 24 October 2007

Less is More


All,


Well I find myself back in the office after a fabulous trip, many miles and flights to and around the other side of the world. The trip and time out was much, much needed. It gave me time to recharge my batteries, ponder over things, really think about what I want and where I am going. It also gave me time to catch up on my audio book mp3 listen. I listened to several books that I've already read. After all, they say repetition is the mother of all skill. Several light bulbs went off inside my head. The bottom line being I really need to forge ahead with my own ideas and begin creating things that can run and sustain the lifestyle that I want, whilst not being tied to and office chair.


Working


I checked my email maybe 2 or 3 times if that. Japan and Fiji, at least the main Island has good Internet connections. Didn't really need to as most emails where not that specific. My mobile would not work in Japan. Most mobile phones don't. Part of me missed not being about to send the quick txt or chat, the other half didn't. It did make me think time for a new mobile.. I'm thinking something with wifi..then I can use skype more and I don't need to worry about mobile phone contracts etc...I need to do the numbers and really see if it is a viable solution. Or just carry a laptop which I am a little loathed to do. Yet that is they way I'm headed. My goal is to be able to work from anywhere in the world. Only I know where I am, clients and others don't.


Japan


Briefly things that fascinated me where :


1. Toilet Seats - All had buttons to press and play with...oh how bizarre and for me terribly exciting.


2. Vending Machines - Beer and food from a vending machine...brilliant.


3. Customer Service - They take it to a whole new level. The Saturday, spotty teenager could learn a think or two.


4. The People, culture, language and food...I hear the words road trip coming on.


5. Most people appear affluent, yet most work for companies...everything is about show and keeping up with the neighbours. - Yet how many are really wealthy and happy. During the day, I didn't see many men about. Mostly women. At night, not many smiling men.


6. Tokyo is one hell of a city.


What I Learn From My Travels


I still adore Fiji.


I want 3 months more travel in Japan at least.....radically different to anything I've ever experienced before. Cultural, Food, People and Language all so different, yet I had a ball. We could all learn so much from them.As stated above time to get moving and pushing forward. Nobody else is going to give me the lifestyle that I want other than me!


My money beliefs were coming through almost on a daily basis...things have shifted 'upstairs'... I have to be rich because I like to travel and I like fine hotels...I stayed at one of the best yet in Kyoto . I really did keep thinking I can afford, I have more than enough money.This is why I want my own business and have to have my own business!


Happy Travels



A


No comments: