Monday 8 October 2007

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses


Munich was brilliant...Japan is just a few hours away.


I've had such a 'busy' month it has been unbelievable. I've waited all year for a 'big' holiday and it is almost here. Yet I'm cross with myself.


A month ago I'd asked a friend of mine to phone me on the Friday just gone to check in to make sure that a 'major' project I'm doing was completed and running live. With being on holiday any holes in my automated system would show up. It would be the ideal time for a real time and live test.


My friend phoned me up and I started...I've not finished my project and I'm cross. The deadline had been playing on my mind. I've not reached it and my reasons (excuses) for not completing it were pitiful. They were in no particular the following :



I've been out every weekend this month - Munich, really good friend got married in a church. The wedding in this church is a once in a lifetime experience. This is one special church, not your average country village church. Then there was the stag doo... I just need a few hours ie Sunday to finish all the writing that I've wanted to do.


I've had assignments to finish. I wanted these finished before I went away on holiday. Therefore I could rest knowing that I've done them. These I've done, finished and handed in.


I'd come home from work and I'd be tired and not want to do any more 'work'.


I've just not had enough time.


Ouch


When I had to verbalise these to my friend. I got really cross with myself. There were/are actually really poor and pathetic reasons for not completing my project which in the long run could have a major impact on my life.. Yet at the time of 'putting off' the work, they all seemed very valid. I recently heard that if you want to get something off the ground you'll need to spend 5 hours a week on it. I don't know if this figure is true yet. That is one hour a day or thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes in the evening. Or twenty minutes here and there.


If my life really depended on me completing this project I'd have found the time and finished it.


I've recently been rereading Rich Dad's Prophecy . Whether it is true or not, surely being financial free due to your own passive incomes is better than working for somebody else? I've got two years if the dates are to be believed to be financial free. That is.was quite scary. Since at the moment, yes I've got cash, but no passive income...Even if the dates aren't true things are happening in the financial world that I'm not liking. I'd rather be in control of my financial outcomes and success rather than relying on the government. Some how I think relying on the government will cost me more if I continue to work for somebody else.


Learning


For me it is very simple.


1. Break down time into smaller chunks. There is more than enough time to complete all projects.


2. Do you want this to form part of your passive income stream...do you want to be an employee or the owner working on the beach?


3. Set another deadline and work to it. Now that I know that my excuses can easily be overcome...overcome them!



Happy Travels



A




Technorati :

No comments: