Thursday 23 April 2009

Review - George S. Clason - The Richest Man in Babylon

This book is similar to The Instant Millionaire in that it is a fable about how to become wealthy. You follow the story of various people about in the legendary The city of Babylon.

It is a great little read. The actually book, although a fable is a great 'how to'. I actually think it needs to be read more than once. Again like SOGR. You'll miss many things or just think, that was nice.

I took a much greater interest in it, the second time around. The advice offered is simple, yet timeless and classic. Just quell the internal demons and follow the advice.

Again the story raises questions that are asked and answered by the fable. I think it is worthwhile read, which unlike, The Instant Millionaire, it has a very clear path for you to follow, yet it is not as heavy in exercises etc. as some 'official' how to courses.

For examople, it details how to handle peole that magically appear when you have come into wealth. It details a very simple, yet profound way to pay off your debts and continue into prosperity

Of your earned income -

10% is yours to keep and 'jingle' in your pocket
70% is what you live off and use to clothe, eat and live
20% you use to pay off all your debts.

It details that you must contact all your creditors (people you owe money to) and tell them what you are doing. You'll find that many if not all will accept your agreement. If you want more money in the future, it helps if you can show that you pay back your debts.

Without realising it I did something very similar to this when I cleared all my debts from university in record time. Now I wonder why I stopped.

The audio version is available here . I really like the audio version. Who ever is the narrate I thought was brilliant. He really bought the fable to life.

Happy Travels

A

No comments: