Friday 27 March 2009

Review - Wallace Wattles - The Science of Getting Rich

Becoming Rich is an exact science according to this book. It is a very small and compact book. You can read it over a weekend if not within a few hours.It is regarded by many as a classic in the field of wealth creation and prosperity mindset. This is the book that started The Secret.

It stipulates that if you do things in a certain order and way, you can become nothing but rich. Several questions pop into my head:

  1. Why do we not know the order?
  2. Why are we not taught the order?
  3. Why do we not follow the order?

The book is a collection of chapters. Each chapter details a principle that you must use and follow with unerring faith. If you do you will be come rich. I would have liked the book to have more formal structure i.e.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
= Result you want.

I felt whilst reading, Wallace was eluding to something: a power, a system or something more than he was letting on to. Or he was leaving something out of the book. Things seemed to me to be inferred yet not referenced directly.

I wonder why?

I am pretty certain, if you can read through the lines, this is an awe inspiring book, worthy of further investigation and study. Yet, for me it was just another book about you and your wealth potential. There was something missing. Yet, I don't know what.

Happy Travels

A

No comments: