Friday 27 March 2009

Review - Bob Proctor - The Science of Getting Rich

This program is made up of several CDs and a workbook. Although the CDs reference cassettes. So I assume, the material has just been transferred over from one medium to another.

This, for me, is the excellent follow up and much needed study guide to Wallace Wattles - The Science of Getting Rich book. It fills in the gaps that I found missing in the book itself. Or now perhaps I should say, just missed...widely

Bob is enthused by this little book (SOGR). I got the impression from listening to him, that he is as excited and as passionate about this little book as much today as the first time he was introduced to it and read it.

Bob, reads the book, SOGR, to you and with you. He comments on nearly each line, certainly each paragraph. He asks many questions of you and about the text.

There are further questions that you must answer within his accompanying guide.

Whilst following along with him. I finally began to 'get' the book. I now am beginning to understand, why so many people like this book. If you want to get the most out of SOGR. This guide is great. Bob is going to expect you to do quite a lot of 'work'. No, work is perhaps the wrong word. Play, investigation, reflection and listening are better. The 1st CD alone, he wants you to listen to 6 times. Bob quotes somebody else, by saying each time you listen or read the same book. You discover something new within yourself. This happened to me numerous times listen to the first CD and going over the book. I've heard 'these' things before. Yet they struck accord with me this time.

You will answer many questions. Your answers will vary each time you go over the book, hear him and ponder what he asks of you.

Yet, as he states in his introduction. Each time you read or hear something, you learn or are open to hearing and learning something new. You discover something about yourself.

I think this is why many of us read the same type of book over and over again. We are wanting to hear that piece, that sentence, that explanation that makes all of the information we know 'click' into place.

I never knew or understood even how powerful page one of SOGR was, until now. Somehow even that first page is now a masterpiece.

Isn't it funny how every leader, guru or teacher seems to says, "I read every book, attended every seminar, so yo don't have to". Yet, I think most of us do, because we're wanting the one explanation that makes sense to us. I'm sure most of us could write our own books on these subjects, yet for whatever reason we don't. We don't even follow the advice given. I think because, we think we know better. Yet, we don't. Otherwise we'd be where we would want to be!

This is not a one time listening program. Neither now is the book, The Science of Getting Rich. Thanks to Bob's guidance, this may very well have to go on my yearly to read list. The CDs and workbook will take time, yet I think it is time well spent.

SOGR is so small, it could be missed by many, including myself. Yet, now I think it will sit by my bed so that I read a chapter before I go to sleep, so I can further understand this classic.

My experience was, Bob wil ask you to listen to certain CDs and sections again and again. At first even I went urgh! Then again, isn't that what most of us do nearly all the time? We don't follow instructions to the letter. Then we wonder why we get the same results. Thus, under duress. I carried on listening to the first CD before I didn't anything else.

You have more power and potential within you than any current circumstance or event. You can earn a 7 figure income with just one change in thought

I read the little book and I was struck when answering the follow up questions. One question is "in which department or your life: body, mind, or soul do you feel greatest lack?"

When I heard this the 1st time I thought life. Yet on reading what makes up each 'department'. I realised that actually according it Wallace's criteria I'm missing some of his ideas that make a full mind. Yet in all 3 areas I'm missing some key compenents. Some days each department appears full. On other days, certain departments are completly empty.

These and other insights I think you get from going over and over the text and follow up questions. Despiste the temptation, don't do it!. Do as you are asked. Then move on.

A point that did strick me was. Wallace states that if you follow things in a certain way, you'll get like results. Ok...that I understand. Then he says, you don't get rich by saving and being thrifty. You begin to wonder why we are heavily taught to save by our banks, financial institutions and governement. Is it perhaps for every dollar, pound, yen you save. They can reuse it 8 times? It makes you wonder. Then again, your bank will tell your house is an asset. Your house is only an asset to the bank, not to you. Ergo, if they tell you to save, who is it really good for?

Don't get me wrong, I do save, in an 'opportunity fund'. You should have ready cash on hand for when it is needed. Yet, I do wonder. If you follow the 'herd', will you then not get 'herd' results?

Again, it comes back to doing things in a certain way. Would I suppose we have been taught or learnt to do it the wrong way. Thus, it keeps us where we are?


Happy Travels

A

No comments: