Wednesday 25 March 2009

Review - Charles Fillmore - Prosperity

It's not often I read a book and go wow. In fact I can't remember the last time I did that.

This little book, is quite frankly...excellent. For me it was a real eye opener. Growing up I spent five years at a Cathedral School here in the UK. Thus religious overtones and teachings were everywhere. I don't remember being taught anything about money, wealth and prosperity. In fact I don't remember being lambastered about sinners either. Yet I'm sure like much religious teaching it is all done subtley.

I liked this book because things I know and have heard constantly were given a very different and prosperous slant. Serveral things came to me and were given a reframe whilst reading the book. The final chapter on the fear and power of money was worth paying for the book alone.

The book details ideas about God as your true source of prosperity. Naturally the bible is quoted heavily. Yet, it asked the reader to look beyond the words and at the 'true' meaning of the sentance or phrase. This to me, is the real magic of the book. I think it will make you question much of what you have heard and think you know about your own religious teachings.

I'm really into EFT at the moment as a way of releasing my negative beliefs and emotions. I had a huge experience of letting go of a negative belief. What really surprised me was, although the belief itself was perhaps small in 'release power'. I was holding on to the belief for dear life. That really, really surprised me. I just didn't know. I went around the rest of the day in sheer bliss. How many more beliefs do I have like that?

The end of the book is filled with questions about the chapters you have read to further facilitate your learning and understands of the material presented.

It now makes me want to read the Millionaires of the Bible Series by Catherine Ponder. I wonder what she'll point out to me.

Charles' book, I think is worth reading again and maybe even again. Maybe it will go on my 'to be read yearly list'. I just wish an audio version was available. You can get a hardcopy version at Amazon or it is availble on line for free at ForgottenBooks.org .

Happy Travels

A

No comments: