Thursday 2 October 2008

Do You Second Guess Yourself?


All,

I've noticed I often second guess myself . I'll come to a crossroads and my intuition, my initial thought is GO RIGHT. Naturally I go no and go left. It really came home to roost this week, when I passed a garage and thought I need to fuel up my car. Then I thought, but the garage is the other side of the road. I'll fill up later.

Later came, as I was driving and pulled onto the motorway. The fuel light lit up like a Christmas tree. A quick tap on TomTom and I was able to find a garage to refuel at.

This got me thinking, how often do I think of an idea or come to a 'crossroads' and go against my initial thought?

For this week at least if I have an idea to do something I act on it as quickly as possible. The action I feel has to be taken as quickly as possible because either I'll talk myself out of the idea or choose a different route.

I've written emails both to people and in content that  I thought I'd never write. I've been down roads and paths I've never been down. I've been into shops I normally just look through the window at. I've sighed up for a seminar that I was not going to attend later in the month.

I've also caught myself talking myself out of my initial idea or route, only to find my initial idea was the way I should have gone! I think this is the crux. How often do I think of something and not do it because I talk myself out of it.

Happy Travels

A





No comments: