Sunday 14 September 2008

OffLine Bloging in a 5 * Hotel

All,

As I was walking the great Oxford Street in London. I did have an excellent idea for a blog post or 3, yet they now escape me.

I find myself toady in the following Marriot Hotel, Grosvenor House. As hotels go it isn't too bad. Yet compared to other 5 * Hotels. I actually think it is pretty average. From my hotel experience I'm wanting more than just a hello and a comfortable bed. Although the staff here are very nice and can fulfil all my questions and requests.

Any way I'm writing this with . I like the fact that I can have an offline client on my usb stick. I currently use a Corsair Memory Stick. It suits my needs very well. The support is excellent and for a traveller like me. It has a 10 year warrenty. This has come in very handy when I've pulled, pushed and broken it. It just gets replaced for me.Thanks Corsair. It is quick enough for my needs.

My one grip about w.blogger at the moment is that if I want to create an url link. If I've highlighted some text and select to create the link, it doesn't seem to realize that I want the text I've highlighted to be the url text,

my blog





I'm expecting the text to be picked up somewhere. I hope it is just a setting somewhere. Only option seems to be US English or an English version. Does anybody have any other recommendatsion for a usb blog editor?

I'm use to using Zoundry. Which I liked. Yet I wanted a offline usb client. Early days, we'll see how we get on. I might have a look and see if Google themselves do an offline editor. Maybe I can hook it into Google Docs in someway or maybe Thuderbird.

I'm sure a quick Google Search will reveal all.

Happy Travels

A

No comments: