Wednesday 8 August 2007

4HWW - Previous Experience - More Than I Thought.


Where do I currently fit in?


I've travelled for a year before. Australia,Fiji and Singapore. By myself...often the best way to do it I think. Therefore I know that I am able to travel and live out of a rucksack for a year. I would like to stay in a few more hotels or apartments. 8-12 bed dorms, get a little tiresome after a while. I've been able to come back, fit into the workplace. Pretty much pick up from where I left off. I've grown as a person because of my travels. I've been, seen and done some amazing things, yet the the best thing for me has to have been the great people that I've met and seen along the way. I am still in contact with many of them. This means European Weekend Trips...pleasure!


The downside... Each time I prepare, go away. I'm terribly excited. I just want more travelling. For me there is something exciting about going somewhere, seeing somebody. Each time I come back home. The travelling blues hit. Sometime maybe a month later or so..I just want to go somewhere else. This time though, perhaps for 3-6 months at a time, not the year.Yet, I want to travel when I want and how I want. Not have to work to some two week schedule.


I did work whilst travelling. Thankfully I had IT to fall back on. It certainly beats fruit picking! Somewhat more lucrative. Yet, now I want an automated cash flow machine. I don't want to be in the or an office and yet still have money coming in. This was the key missing component last time around. When you are travelling, many people, certainly the younger ones have to make a decision on a daily basis...trip somewhere or food? How they and many think 2 grand is going to last them a year, I just don't know. Does it last that long at home? Many don't realise the cost of accommodation. That can eat a large chunk of your pre saved travel cash. With an automated cash flow...this worry disappears.


My Friends Will Miss Me If I Go Away.


Sorry, no they won't. Or not as much as you think they will. Many actually are jealous of you for being brave enough to go travelling. They'll all say I wish I could do that..The fact is, they all can. They just don't want to. It isn't important enough for them. They'll give you all manner of reasons or excuses why not. Remember, Your Wish Is My Command. Therefore until they change what they say and think, they aren't going anywhere.


I Need My Entertainment


You'll get use to not having the TV, news, instant messenger, hell even the Internet and Email. If something is really important you just find out. The news comes to you. You'll begin checking email once a week maybe even less. Yes, there are still places that don't have the Internet. You'll be surprised at the amount of email you don't receive. Especially if you unsubscribe from your junk mailing list that you joined to access a website that you know longer use.


I would write up my travel stories with links to photographs etc. The length was something I'd have been proud to hand in as a college assignment. It went out to more and more people. At the last count 100+. How many replies did I get? Apart from my parents, even they were few. You could count on your two hands how many people would email you back in the year, forget after each mailing.


I sent out 30 ghastly kangaroo/koalas Christmas cards. They were cheap and tacky, yet Australian.What does that tell you? How many did I receive whilst at the other end of the world. 1. This is despite, before my departure, giving everybody email, mobile and postal contact options for the year.


Coming Home


This is where it all really kicks in. You have been to and done some amazing things. Your friends haven't. After the third saying "In Fiji, In Australia.." their eyes will glaze over, they will still talk about and go to the same places that you went to before you left to go travelling. This is when you begin to contemplate your next away day. Realising that actually it is all rather easy.


Meeting The New Rich (NR)


I met a New Rich, type in Exmouth, Australia, without realising it. His name was Paul. He had founded an IT company, and then upped sticks and left his office to let it run itself, and he was still getting paid for it. He was currently scuba diving, what seemed like the world. If he and others have done it, then so can I.



Business Employee


I've briefly had my own company, yet I was in effect the employee, not the owner. This is now going to change. Yet I've been exposed to the joys of accounting, law etc. Some things are worth outsourcing!



Happy Travels



A




Technorati :

No comments: