Wednesday 29 August 2007

4HWW - Motivational Medicine.


So here I find myself sat in my current office and day job bored and with 'nothing' to do. Yet in reality I've got much I could be doing towards MY goals, dreamlining targets etc. and yet I seem to have stalled. Lost/lack motivation. So I type this little ditty, since last time I was lacking motivation, I actually found writing for my blog was a great motivational cure. I'm hoping for the same this time around. I'm sure I've plenty I could be doing. Yet none I want to be doing. I've noticed my random website surfing has taken on a new lease of life today as has checking my personal emails more than twice a day. In some regards I think this is a good thing as it shows we are all infallible to new systems and ways of working. I'm not filling my void.


It has got me thinking about doing some form action everyday or every few days towards my goals. In the beginning of dreamlining, you have to state and do three actions over the next 48 hours. I've noticed with my previous goals that I have attained. Action towards what I've wanted has happened little and often.


Burning into Action


If my work building blew up and I had 10 days to get things going for me.PLC. Would I not kick things into action? Why is it that when you're not being pushed to complete and finish something that in actual fact will give you great pleasure and a new back account (TMI). Why do you just sit and procrastinate? Do the people in the office realise I'm doing very little?



You Can Be, Do and Have Anything - Facing the Fear


Having said that as part of my new and wanting working life style. I'm playing with ideas from the Secret, visualisation the end result and hearing what I am saying to myself. One of my goals is to work only 4 hours a week if that....lol and behold I think that is where I am already at! If not, pretty close. Although when I thought about working just 4 hours a week, I didn't necessarily realise it would be at my current place of work. I was more hoping (there is the killer word..hope, not expect!) to be on a beach..


So what do to next? What 3-6 things can I do next to achieve my dreamline target?


I now have back the magazine details for areas of interest to me. Here I stall. I think the ideas that I'm coming up with aren't actually that exciting and I don't know the details of how to create X,Y and Z product. Having said that, I don't know if people would want them. I've not tested the market. I was being put off by my own thoughts. I've been playing with my thoughts over the weekend.



Therefore I ask you


Do you know anybody who records, produces spoken word CDs?


Change my end result for my image of 4 hours work week. Hello Fiji Beach!.


As I write I've just thought of a very quick and easy way to achieve 'expert' status in one of my chosen fields...Oh this blogging is rather therapeutic.



Happy Travels



A




Technorati :

No comments: