Tuesday 17 July 2007

PhotoReading - Day 22- The Ego and the Id by Sigmund Freud

Day : Day 22


Time : 1930


Location : Home


Trigger Words : I noticed words, I just didn't write them down or counted how many I spotted



Title : Sigmund Freud - The Ego and the Id.


Purpose : This is one of the extra books on my reading list for my course. I thought why the hell not. I've never read Freud before since I've always found the idea of reading him quite intimidating. I now don't know why. This was a really easy book to understand. I was shocked and surprised to find out that I've been using the same symbol for unconscious, Ucs, as Freud on my mind maps for years. I've had questions about Freud and the Ego and Id for years. In fact each time I heard the phrase I'd go...??. I found all the answers that I needed within the first five minutes. Yet before I had begun activating the book I knew I'd play with it for 45 minutes. I carried on after my answers. I actually found that Freud in this instance was easy to understand and for me his writing was somewhat confused. He would swap Ucs, id et al. in the middle of writing. This despite discussing why Ucs became id in the beginning of the book. I actually found this rather funny. Here is one of the cleverest minds, and he can't keep to his own pattern of writing. Simplistic maybe, yet there is hope for us all.


Happy Travels


A



Technorati :

No comments: