Tuesday 10 July 2007

PhotoReading - Day 21- Lets Learn Japanese


Dear All,


I am back in the land of the living. Not great being off. Anyway. I've finally booked my ticket for Japan. I am there in 3 months. After my frustration at not speaking much German in Germany. I thought I'd make amends and learn some Japanese.


I have 3 months to learn some basic Japanese. I've got several books to PhotoRead daily. I am activating by skimming and flicking through the books daily and noticing what I notice. Looking up words that interest me.



Berlitz Japanese for Travellers


English Japanese Dictionary


In addition I am using my car journey to and from work to listen to


the Pimsleur Language Course This will activate the language in another format. If you think about it, this is really a good way to activate since most language people use in a day is spoken, so surely you should activate in that way too? Lets just hope you don't see me talking to myself as I drive along the road.


If anybody has any ideas on what I should see or do, please drop me a line. I'm thinking yes Tokyo, Mount Fuji, I want to spend some time in a Ryokan and Onsen. If I can I'd also like to visit Kyoto. I'd like to watch some bunraku theatre. That on top of catching up with some really missed friends. Now where are my chopsticks?



Happy Travels


A




Technorati :

No comments: