Thursday 14 June 2007

PhotoReading - Day 16- Natural Brilliance by Paul Scheele


Day : Day 16




Time : 2118




Location : Kitchen


Trigger Words : I seemed to be reading quite slowly tonight, the table of contents was quite long and rather detailed. I didn't look for specifically or see trigger words. More I noticed the bold print at the side of the pages and the occasional bold sub heading.
Title : Natural Brilliance - Paul Scheele


Purpose : This was really funny. I have been awaiting the arrival of half a dozen books from various on line books sellers the last week. So far none have arrived...grumble. I went upstairs to my selection of books that I already have and I thought, OK, pick a book that I've already read and see if I notice something different. On my shelves nothing appealed. I didn't even fancy browsing anything. Then I thought come on, I need to read and blog. A great motivator!!


Prepare and Preview: Then it popped into my head. I've the above book. Let's see what happens. At the moment I'm frustrated with my success of PhotoReading. Yet the irony is with non fiction, I don't want to read in a normal manner any more. I want an aha moment. I previewed the book, perhaps a little long as mentioned under the trigger word section. Yet I just went with it. The byline of the book caught my attention, move from Feeling Stuck to Achieving Success. I thought that is rather ironic. What am I, stuck.


Thoughts on Process : As if it wasn't bad enough. I could not find any large paper to mind map the contents or what I wanted from the book....stuck, stuck, stuck..However, everything happens for a positive reason. I just went ahead anyway. I am at that frustrated stage of learning that occurs in any skill acquisition. I PhotoRead the book and instead of waiting overnight or 20 minutes to activate. I just ploughed straight ahead.


Time Spent activating and how : I SuperRead and dipped. Only for about 20 minutes. Things that really stood out for me where: Paul has drawn several diagrams on moving and having no more stuck states. The diagrams are of 4 squares connected to form a larger cube. This immediately screamed at me Cartesian Coordinates. These are used in mathematics, quantum physics and a certain NLP language pattern to prove or disprove something is or is not true. I just need to focus on the prize...what is my end or ultimate goal with PhotoReading? Then I went to the chapters about PhotoReading and Natural Brilliance, since I want to experience this later on, if not sooner. I've many, many cook and wine books that I want to PhotoRead and then the ultimate goal, would be to be a more confident cook. I could open a cupboard and look at my shelves and go yes, tonight I'll have X. I'm wanting to Synoptic Read too.


It was the section in the book about. Find Evidence of Success that struck me. I'm asking myself is it working all the time at the moment. In fact I seem to be questioning much at the moment...not just about PhotoReading. Stop. Trust again my unconscious mind. Fear is the biggest stop sign of all. What is my fear from PhotoReading? That I'll actually enjoy reading? That I'll succeed? That I'll fail? That I'll have no more excuses for not reading? I'll need more money to buy more books. Much of what interests me just isn't available in my local library. Just focus on the prize!!


What is the one thing from the book that I can use right now in my life? Trust, Frustration is a signal..a question do yo really want this? I feel as though it has been brought to my attention not to worry so much...A little like life at the moment. I am questioning much. All will work itself out. Focus on what you want and it shall come your way.


Let us hope the other books turn up tomorrow. I'll be getting another reading list over the weekend.


It has got me thinking though with my trips to Dresden and Japan. How can I get ahead with learning the languages? Japanese will very much be self study at the moment, where as I've a little more time with German. I'll most likely attend an evening class for German, maybe even sign up to do an official exam. How will PhotoReading help with each and both?


As ever at the moment, I must beginning going through again and apply the ideas of Tim Ferriss to create my own DEAL lifestyle. This I like much! To those who I met travelling the world last year. I'm coming your way. Hold on.


Happy Travels


A




No comments: