Monday 11 June 2007

PhotoReading - Day 13- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy by Ted Allen et al.




Day : Day 13




Time : 1100




Location : Living Room




Trigger Words : none



Title : Queer Eye for the Straight Guy - Ted Allen et al.


Purpose : I just picked this up, no pun intended from my local library. I, like many have seen the television show. What could I learn since I am certainly not as neolithic as some of the chaps they have on there show? Then again, that is television for you.




Prepare and Preview: Preview and preparing was quick simple and easy. It is a very glossy book with many pictures.




Thoughts on Process : In the end I didn't do the PhotoReading step itself. By the time I had previewed and formulate some ideas for what I wanted out of the book I had already got all the information out of the book.




Time Spent activating and how : Not really activating in the true PhotoReading sense. Yet all in all about 20 minutes.


What is the one thing from the book that I can use right now in my life? I've photocopied sections of the book since, it is full of recipe ideas. The section on culture is quite interesting. Ray, one of the five seems to be heavily into reading. Well hello PRing and PRers. He tells you what to read to ramp up your cultural knowledge. Oh and the idea of Pims and Champagne is pretty lethal as a drink mixture too. Although more testing may be needed just to make sure.


The Future : A complete new wardrobe is in order. Then again I knew that anyway. Roll on October. More cooking recipes to add to my ever expanding collection. Thanks to Jay, I'll be reading more fiction. I've already checked out some prize winning lists. In addition maybe magazines like Time Out,




Happy Travels


A




No comments: