Friday 8 June 2007

PhotoReading - Day 12- Uncommon Therapy by Jay Hayley

Day : Day 12


Time : 11:00


Location : Germany


Trigger Words : some


Title : Jay Hayley - Uncommon Therapy


Well what can I say. This was the worst PhotoReading session I have had so far. This is a book on my course reading list and yet I just could not, did not want to read it. I prepared, although not that successfully. Previewed, PhotoRead the book. Yet SuperReading and dipping was terrible. I kept asking myself am I PhotoReading, or just skimming. How will I know the difference? I gave myself an hour to activate the book and yet kept looking at the clock for my time to finish. In the end I just gave up. I wasn't enjoying the process or even motivated to do so. I felt uncomfortable, I just could not get 'into' the book.


Was it because of my purpose not being specific enough, or the fact I was in a new location, physically? Not taking the time and effort that I normally do to complete a book? Therefore the best thing for me to do was to stop. Or was that the easy way out. Am I being tested..do I really want to learn this skill?


The last few days before my travels I've been PhotoReading the German Dictionary. I'm curious to notice what happens. Will I be able to speak and or understand German any better than I do now? What is my purpose for PRing the dictionary, what is my ultimate application?



Happy Travels


A

No comments: