Thursday 3 May 2007

What's your Job Title?

Recently whilst talking to a friend of mine, we began discussing what do we now and in the future call ourselves? Hypnotists, NLPer, Course Director, Founder?


I’ve been unfortunate to be on the phone to random job recruiters or as they call themselves now, in my neck of the woods…IT Consultants. If they are IT consultants, then I am a Professor of IT at Cambridge.


This has begun to make me think, should I call myself a hypnotist? Maybe you have not noticed, but once you say I’m a hypnotist, it normally goes one of two ways…wow..or the person stands back, stutters and quickly moves on. The wows are great. The stand backers aren’t so good. This can only be because of fear and/or ignorance, I think. Part of me inst’ happy about calling my myself a hypnotist as a singular job title. One there are many ‘negative’ connotations with hypnosis and hypnotists and more importantly I’m so much more than that!


Researching amongst the bigger guns of NLP and Hypnosis world. Director and founder seem very popular. I personally am beginning to like the title Professor of Possibilities. Although would that fit on a business card?


So what do you want your job title to be?


Happy Travels


A

No comments: