Monday 3 August 2009

Review - Jim Rohn - How To Use A Journal

After a recent shout out to people on twitter, about, whether they use a journal or not and how. I was pointed to this easy recording by Jim Rohn.

This is something you can easily listen to in an hour or so.

This product makes me realise that there is pretty much a market for anything and everything.

I've been using a journal in various guises for the last 4 years. I have used ordinary paper and then various, shapes and sizes of book.

What Jim described to me was more of a daily diary, than what I know of a journal to be. "Dear Diary..."

I diary my events etc, when I'm travelling, yet not normally when I'm at home and being "normal". I journal, things I've heard or read. Not, today this happened and I felt.

A few things I liked. i.e the idea of creating an index in the back of my own diary system.

Moleskine, if you're reading this, can you add page number to the pages?

It did make me think I need to diagram and doodle more. If you're not an artist. I can easily recommend the following book by Nancy Marguilies.

I've set up a few reminders so that I review my writings, weekly, monthly and yearly. Only time will tell how this goes and whether I do it consistently.

I actually felt much of this information was rather simplistic. Do you need a whole section on why and how to journal? I think if you have the inclination to write, doodle or journal. You will. It is not something you can be forced to do.

Happy Travels

A

No comments: