Friday 27 February 2009

Review - Abraham Hicks - The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent

This is the 2nd book in the Abraham Hicks collection. You really need to read the first book, Ask and It Is Given. Otherwise I think this book makes little to no sense on its own.

The book is filled with negative belief examples and many positive alternatives. The beliefs themselves are on a gradient scale. Since when you're thinking negatively, you can't just look in a mirror and totally believe the complete opposite. More often that not, it is a granular process to move from your current thinking and position to where you want to be.

I must be honest and say going over all the pages and pages of beliefs, was rather tiresome. Perhaps this is because in most areas of my life I have what I want. It is just in a few areas I want my situation to improve and I know it will over time.

Similarly to the first book, there are plenty of exercises, that will help you maintain positive feelings and intents for longer, until they become your natural vibration or feeling.

I particularly liked the Wouldn't it be nice if and the wallet games. There is lots of talk about your emotional guidance system and scale. This is better explained in the first book.

Towards the end of the book. I thought they could have combined several of the chapters together to bring to book to an end sooner. As ever, there is a transcript of a workshop that they gave together. This I found quite revealing. As it takes the 'theory' and is used or spoken about in a live situation and with real people. For me, this was the real meat of the book it self.

Happy Travels

A

No comments: