Sunday 25 January 2009

Review - Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged

I found out about this book via Randy Gage and his various blogs and products. He highly recommends this book. I've learnt if I hear something enough times it must be good. Eventually I'll go and get myself a copy. Since I'm traveling at the moment it was easiest for me to grab the audio version and place it on my mp3 player.

Bare in mind I know where Randy is coming from when he recommends things. It is to truly help you shift your mindset. I must be honest my mind set is and has shifted because of following Randy's advice.

The book itself is split into several parts. Although a single story runs throughout. I sat and heard the book in just over a week. I must be honest I was horrified. Not at the prose or plot.

Rand isn't subtle in her thinking. Yet, most people I think will or have missed many of the messages and ideas that are woven within this story. Her reasons and explanations are well laid out and argued.

I was horrified since I recognised so much of the story and about how men who strive for greatness are pegged back or halted by the masses because the masses think it is not right or just that such men and women should amass such fortunes.

There is great battle between the central characters and the thieves (politicians and less courageous men).

I heard without doubt one of the best explanations concerning 'the love of money' maxim. How wrong most of you are.. The book alone is worth just the 15 minute monologue. Again it demonstrates the power of a metaphor. If you have an idea, don't just explain it dryly. Use a story or stories for people best to understand your ideas and points of view.

You and your world will be shaken by reading this book, no matter where you are in life.


Happy Travels or as is often asked in the book Who is John Galt?

A

Link : Book Version
Link : Audio Version - Abridged
Link : Audio Version Unabridged version via Audible.com

No comments: