Wednesday 26 March 2008

Stay Away From People Who Say You Can't Do Something


All,


Whilst driving my car to work. I was listening to The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz. I heard something that for what ever reason really struck a chord with me today. Stay away from people who say you can't do something. (I'm referring to a goal you want to achieve - not breaking the law!).


People who say you can't do something are:



  1. Normally those who are close to you.

  2. Have given up on their dreams and goals

  3. Didn't succeed

  4. Don't want you to leave them and their group.


Conversely, somebody who has achieved what you want will never tell you, you can't do, have or be X. Why? Simple....they have done it, so they know it is possible.


I've had a very graphic illustration of this recently. Very often I'll come out and say, with total belief and conviction. Everything is possible, you can, do, be and have anything you want. Boy, did I get this slammed back in my face. The person responded very strongly. NO YOU CAN'T . Thankfully I learnt something, or in fact several things.



  1. People give, up because everything seems like to much effort, yet they don't even start attempting to achieve their goals.

  2. Sometimes it is best to keep my beliefs to myself. Act on them, achieve what I want and then share the rewards with those closest.

  3. Not everybody wants to change or believes they can.


So as they say, if you think you can, you can.....that doesn't mean the road to your outcome is always smooth....yet you can get it.


Happy Travels

A



p.s. It is funny how you can hear something time and time again, yet it just doesn't sink in... Then Bang...it does!




Technorati : ,

No comments: