Sunday 15 February 2009

Review - Dr.Dolf de Roos - Wealth Magnet

Most of you like me will have heard of Dolf through the Rich Dad books. He is a softly spoken New Zealander, who doesn't need to come across with all the US glitz, glamour and loud noise to make a point.

Here, Dolf through his program Wealth Magnet begins to discuss the psychology of the wealthy and rich. Nothing new there then.

In the introduction some very large claims are made about the program. i.e. By listening to this you will learn A,B and C. Do they marry up? I can't honestly remember. I was shocked at the bold claims or sheer list of them.

When listening to Dolf it felt very much like he was having a dicussion with just me. Only a few exercises are outlined. Coming from a very sicentic background, he has tested these exercises throughly. Yet, most people will not even complete these and apartently, most people will not listen to the entire CD series?? Why??

He quotes quite heavily from The Millionaire Mind Next Door by Thomas Stanley. Yet, since this is perhaps the seminal work on the 'millionaire'. I'm not surprised.

The exercises are deceptively simple, there in lies there beauty. Like most of these programs you need to do them for a month. I'm still in that month. Thus I'm still reading my new beliefs that I want to take on. He realises that these are beliefs that you may not believe as true at the moment, yet you want to. That is quite refreshing. Saying your wanted beliefs out loud to somebody is quite uncomfortable. Especially if they don't hold and want the same for you. I'm carrying around currently £500 in crisp £50 notes. Not the £1000. I didn't have it as I started. Ordering the money from the bank is great. You get some 16 year old kid look at you. Then you walk out the bank with large, red notes. Carrying them around is quite easy and becomes very comfortable after a while. Roll on the £1000.

The whole point is to just hold the money on you and not do anything with it. As Dolf puts it. You want to be a millionaire, yet you're uncomfortable carrying around a paltry £1000. I'm upping to £1000 this week. There is naturally a section on goal setting. I seem to be an old hat at this. There must be a belief somewhere holding me back. This is all that prevents me from getting my goals quicker...belief change here we come.

It did use one of my £50, in exchange for 5 £10 notes. I felt guilty dipping into my £50s. I couldn't wait to get to the bank and exchange them all for another £50. The reaction of people when I said yes I've got a £50 was quite interesting. I think people just didn't expect anybody, certainly me to be carrying £50s. IT was wonderful being able to do that.

He mentions that the wealthy read the Economist more than other sections of the social strata. I'm having issues reconciling with this since, I'm becoming a fan of a media black out. When I tell others this I'm quite strong in my view/opinion. Point me at a newspaper and I'll show you the non news, uneducated opinion that is flogged as news. (off soap box). Thankfully the Economist has an audio version. I use to read it many, moons ago. It took me ages to complete it.

This is worth a listen if you want something other than US razzmatazz. The exercises are deceptively simple. Yet most of you will not implement them. This goes very well with Randy Gage's Prosperity CDs.



Happy Travels

A

No comments: