Tuesday 27 January 2009

Review - Randy Gage - Accept Your Abundance


This is the 2nd book in Randy's Prosperity Series. For me this book is a real eye opener for accepting and having your own prosperity.

Most of us, including me have or have had issues with accepting prosperity into our lives. Mostly I think due to parents, schooling and social and media pressure that until we know better or different. We perceive as the truth. In this book, Randy begins to challenge these long held beliefs.

He will challenge you to think about your current 'victimhood, then begin with a simple exercise on how to change this idea. You are the star in your own movie.

The chapter on Lack Programming is well thought out and explained. You may want to read it several times. Heed his advice. If not the first time around. If you permit yourself to read it again and again. You will begin to understand what he actually says comes, I think from a stronger position that the movies, parents and anything else you let 'program' you.

The Art or as Randy calls it Virtue of Selfishness, is perhaps the hardest to grasp. It required a shift in my mind. I'd have said for ages I'd always say yes to others, out of a loyalty that was and for many is misplaced.

Certainly read this chapter again and again. Once you come out to the otherside. I think, no I know you're in a stronger place. Much of the writing in this chapter I recognised from the writings of Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged. Highly worth reading too. Although I'd read Randy's book first. Otherwise I think you'll miss the nuances in Rand's own writing.

Much of the book is recognising through Gage's own history your sources of lack programming. It has one of the best definitions or monetary levels for being poor. I often find myself quoting it. I'm working my way towards that level of monetary financial freedom. Happy Days

Unlike his book 37 Secrets, this I think holds its own as an individual book.

Happy Travels

A

No comments: