Wednesday 10 December 2008

Double Up Your Goals


All,

I've been playing around recently with goals. How I love my goals. I've noticed that I've become obsessed, desperate to achieve certain goals. This in itself is detrimental. i.e. this prevents you from achieving your goal. Once you begin to 'let go' or let go of the  need to have your goal. The action towards and achievement of your goal seems to happen much faster and with greater easy. This works really well for physically goals, i.e. house, cars etc.

So think of something that you want in your life.


Now, double it. Whatever it is you want, think of owning two of them. They're yours free and clear. Think of the implications their possession would have on your life. What would your neighbors say? Where would you keep them? What colors would you choose, what dimensions, what characteristics?

Okay, you're about to receive a third one, more than you could possibly use (at the moment), so who would you give it to? How would you tell them? What would their reaction be? Would you be able to help them take ownership? Would you be there to facilitate the transition, if necessary? What would your friends and family say about your generosity? Would you do it again? If so, for whom?

I've found that by doing this very simple idea. I've freed myself of the limitation of having my goal. I mean, getting my goal would be fantastic, but what if I got 2 or 3? That puts a whole different spin on things. All your limits are self imposed. So what if you begin to lift your limts?

Thanks to  TUT for this simple but very effective idea.

Happy Travels

A


No comments: