Thursday 17 May 2007

PhotoReading - Day 5 - Smart Moves by Carla Hannaford

Day : Day 5

Time : 0500

Location : Home

Trigger Words : 26

Title : Smart Moves: Why Learning Is Not All In The Head by Carla Hannaford

Purpose : Purpose now seems to be getting easier and easier. Or maybe I know why I am reading all the books, that I am.

Prepare and Preview: Preparing and entering the accelerated learning state is now quite easy. I seem to be sleeping better on the whole, which is a huge improvement for me. Previewing is quite easy too. I’ve begun to have preview pattern that I follow.

Thoughts on Process : After I realized I was SuperReading and dipping the entire book, just for the sake of SuperReading and dipping. The book actually seemed to come together much easier and at 5am too. Today I was out of the office and not too sure what time and state I might be in when I normally activate my books. Doing this process at 5am wasn’t something that I had planned, but I used the time to get it done.

Time Spent activating and how : Activation was about 1hr. Again SuperReading and Dipping. I began mind mapping. Yet I began to think why am I doing this mind map? The book is full of research, whilst interesting it wasn’t applicable to my purpose. Eventually I stopped. Actually in the book, only about 3 chapters where of any interest and use to my original purpose.

What is the one thing from the book that I can use right now in my life? : From the book I can take not so much of the content, although this was good and interesting. It was the realization that with a well defined purpose for each book, you don’t need to read all the book.

The Future : With this book I now have several exercises to do over the next few days, weeks and months. I don’t know what the future holds, yet many people seem to have had many positive effects from doing Brain Gym. A few minutes a day is surely worthy of my time.

Happy Travels


A

No comments: